Covid-19 (Phase one) of reopening

Glencoe Boat Club


Covid-19 (Phase one) of reopening


Dear all

With a lot of communication over the weekend with your committee I have decided that the club remains closed in this phase and reviewed as the phases change.

The right to exercise by sailing can be done in phase one with your own boat from your mooring as long as you do not use the clubhouse and you live in a reasonable area of the locality, ( 5 miles being the Governments guide) please use the top carpark and the old slipway for your dinghy launching and stay 2mts away from different household’s as per the Government Guidance and the RYA links here

The pontoons are being repaired; they will not be installed until completed.

I have been in touch with the diver and found two possibilities for the dive boat and driver, all is being arranged just now and awaiting confirmation , so the members that have paid for their moorings this year will have their moorings inspected as soon as possible.

I will update you with information regarding the slow and cautious re-opening of the club (as health and safety mustcome before any changes are made) when I know the answers.

Your Commodore

Colin Haste

RYA Racing Rules, Free Webinar, open to all.

Following on from our Racing Rules Workshop being cancelled.
From Wednesday 29th April the RYA Scotland will be hosting a series of free webinars for racing sailors and aspiring race officials to introduce and explain the racing rules of sailing.

Whether you are your club’s rules expert, a squad sailor or just want to know a bit more, the six-week series will guide you through the racing rules to give you the best advantage on the race course.

More details here:

Coronavirus Update for Glencoe Boat Club Members

Dear all, I need to keep you all updated as to the situation we find ourselves in at the club.

The Diver was due to start his checks on the moorings tomorrow, Monday, but the diver and boatman cannot justify this as being an essential activity, this will be reviewed every 21 days and put back to a time that is classed as being safe for this to go ahead.

If you do decide that you wish to put your boat on your mooring, please keep this in mind and talk to your insurers explaining the situation for more advise.

The Wednesday race nights are postponed until further notice and the Regatta is also postponed, hopefully to a date later in the year.

The pontoons have not been re-instated yet, as all the floats are to be replaced before re-install.

All committee meetings have been cancelled.

I wish you all well in these dark times and look forward to seeing you all as soon as possible.

Colin (Commodore)