Covid-19 (Phase one) of reopening

Glencoe Boat Club


Covid-19 (Phase one) of reopening


Dear all

With a lot of communication over the weekend with your committee I have decided that the club remains closed in this phase and reviewed as the phases change.

The right to exercise by sailing can be done in phase one with your own boat from your mooring as long as you do not use the clubhouse and you live in a reasonable area of the locality, ( 5 miles being the Governments guide) please use the top carpark and the old slipway for your dinghy launching and stay 2mts away from different household’s as per the Government Guidance and the RYA links here

The pontoons are being repaired; they will not be installed until completed.

I have been in touch with the diver and found two possibilities for the dive boat and driver, all is being arranged just now and awaiting confirmation , so the members that have paid for their moorings this year will have their moorings inspected as soon as possible.

I will update you with information regarding the slow and cautious re-opening of the club (as health and safety mustcome before any changes are made) when I know the answers.

Your Commodore

Colin Haste

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *